Maiko Transformation in Gion
Wouldn’t you like to become a Maiko in Gion?
WAK JAPAN provides you with a wonderful dreamlike time to be a Maiko in Gion.
Our attendant takes you to a traditional tea house at Gion from your accommodation by car.
A professional kimono stylist will change you into a Maiko using genuine costumes used by real Maikos.
The whole process takes about two hours and a half including applying full-makeup and wig and being dressed in kimono.
Accompanying gentlemen can wear a samurai kimono upon request. (optional plan)
Please allow 2.5 hours at a townhouse for changing to kimono, make-up and photography in a Japanese tea house in Gion.
Additional fee is needed if your partner or friends attend the same program with you. (¥50,000/person for Maiko transform. ¥37,000/person for the formal kimono.)
Price includes the following:
1. Special Maiko kitsuke (arrange kimono) and makeup by professional stylist
2. The room charge of Japanese tea house in Gion
3. RT transfer between your hotel and Gion
4. Interpreter (English - Japanese)
1. Photo taking by a professional photographer (40, 000 yen)
2. Kitsuke (arrange kimono) for your partner or friends
- 1.Please enter necessary information and your request in the form.
- 2.Once we receive your inquiry, we will respond within 48 hours.
- 3.If we have availability, we will give you confirmation sheet by email.
- 4.We will confirm your booking after charging the program fee on your credit card.
Your credit card will be charged once we confirm your purchase. If you change or cancel your booking request, charges may apply. Please contact us immediately.