Nishiki Food Market Walk, Sake-tasting, and Cooking (Tour)
What you can enjoy in this program
Enjoy guided walk of Kyoto’s famous food market (Nishiki) in a small group. At the market, you can enjoy spotting lots of interesting foods as well as helping your guide buy some of the ingredients which will be used later. Then you enjoy walking through back lanes of Kyoto which would never be covered by a big coach group. On the way to the cooking class, we will stop at a former sake brewery to enjoy the tour of the ex-brewery followed by sake-tasting. Finally we reach our kitchen. (Click here to see the images of our house and kitchen. ) Enjoy cooking at our kitchen and eat!
Note: The sake brewery is normally closed on Mondays, but closed irregularly. If your tour falls on their closure, we will give you a ticket allowing you to enter on the next day.
This is an open program. You may share this program with other people, which can be more fun!
- Please come to Nishiki Entrance of Daimaru department store at 14:30. Meet with our guide at the monument with silver cubes at the top.
Picture of Daimaru Nishiki Entrance
Please make sure to come to the meeting place at least 5 minutes before, this tour will start at 14:30 and leave there.
- Enjoy walking through a half-mile long Nishiki market with our attendant. Our attendant will give you guidance on foods which you will see along the street. We will buy some foods on the route which will be used later.
- Then we start walking towards a former sake brewery. On the way you will find interesting shops and houses which would never be visited if you are on a big coach tour.
- Arrive at the former sake brewery. At the brewery, you will enjoy the tour of the architecture and then enjoy sake-tasting (2 small glasses of sake and 2 small glasses of beer will be offered)
- Finally, we arrive at our kitchen for cooking. Our cooking teacher will teach you how to make Rolled sushi by using some ingredients which have been bought earlier on. You will learn to make rolled sushi, miso soup, and cooked salad. Enjoy cooking and eating!
available on THU, FRI, SUN
Time: 14:30- 18:00
11,600 yen/PSN for the group with more than 2 people.
(12,528 yen including 8% tax)
18,000 yen for an individual.
(19,440 yen including 8% tax)
This is an open program. You may share this program with other people, which can be more enjoyable.
7-2 days before: 20%
Previous day: 60%
On the program day: 100%
- 1.Please enter necessary information and your request in the form.
- 2.Once we receive your inquiry, we will respond within 48 hours.
- 3.If we have availability, we will give you confirmation sheet by email.
- 4.We will confirm your booking after charging the program fee on your credit card.
Your credit card will be charged once we confirm your purchase. If you change or cancel your booking request, charges may apply. Please contact us immediately.